- Founded: 1945
- Headquarters: Trollhättan, Sweden
- Car Types: Sedan, SUV, Sports
- Popular Models: Saab 900, Saab 9000
- Website: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_Automobile
Saab is a former car manufacturer that was known for safety and specialized vehicles. Saab is remembered for its concept cars and other creative prototypes. Saab stopped manufacturing these iconic vehicles in 2012.
- Founded: 1983
- Headquarters: Corona, CA; USA
- Car Types: Sports, Supercar
- Popular Models: Saleen S1, Saleen Mustang
- Website: https://www.saleen.com/
Saleen specializes in making fast, performance cars that make a statement. These vehicles are lightweight and expensive, making them a perfect choice for a street race or a fun drive on the open road.
- Founded: 1962
- Headquarters: Las Vegas, NV; USA
- Car Types: Sports, Luxury
- Popular Models: Cobra, Super Snake
- Website: https://www.shelby.com/en-us/
Shelby cars are instantly recognizable for their classic American sports car aesthetics. Frequently featuring racing stripes on the exterior, these hot rods focus on beefed-up American power and European styling and finesse.
- Founded: 1953
- Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan
- Car types: Sedans, SUV, Rally
- Popular models: Impreza, Forester, Outback
- Website: https://www.subaru.co.jp/en/
These sedans, wagons, and crossovers have a reputation for rugged performance and long-lasting performance. Subaru also dipped into performance vehicles, with turbocharged versions of their very popular vehicles, like the Impreza.
- Founded: 1994
- Headquarters: Böblingen, Germany
- Car types: Subcompact, Microcars
- Popular models: Forfour, Fortwo
- Website: https://www.smart.com/int/en/home#972
Often referred to as the smallest production vehicle in the world, Smart cars are very popular in densely populated European cities, like Paris and Rome. This company continues to innovate, not featuring all-electric models.
- Founded: 1985
- Headquarters: Spring Hill, Tennessee; USA
- Car types: Sedans, SUVs, Sports
- Popular models: Vue, Sky, Outlook
- Website: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_Corporation
Before being purchased by GM going defunct in 2010, Saturn called itself a “different kind of car company” for Americans. This was meant to compete with the increasingly popular Asian models coming to American markets.
- Founded: 1898
- Headquarters: Hamamatsu, Shizuoka; Japan
- Car types: Off-road, Sports, Minivans, Trucks
- Popular models: Suzulight, Grand Vitara
- Website: https://suzuki.com/
This century-old company is celebrated for its versatility, producing not only iconic sports cars but also minivans, SUVs, and trucks. Their longevity is often attributed to their constant innovation and improvement.
- Founded: 2003
- Headquarters: Hamamatsu, Shizuoka; Japan
- Car types: Sedans, SUVs
- Popular models: Hako Coupe 2008, FR-S 2012, BX 2002
- Website: https://www.toyota.com/scion/
This company was born at the turn of the 21st century, with a mission to provide modern vehicles for a new world. Scion was acquired by Toyota in 2017, where designs still inspire current Toyotas.
- Founded: 1950
- Headquarters: Martorell, Spain
- Car types: Sedans, Compacts, SUVs
- Popular models: SEAT 600, Ibiza, Leon
- Website: https://www.seat.com/
This company continues to manufacture modern vehicles for Spain, becoming the largest supplier of cars in Spain. SEAT vehicles continue to evolve to maintain their market share, also now featuring hybrid and electric models.
- Founded: 1998
- Headquarters: West Richland, Washington; United States
- Car types: Luxury, Supercar
- Popular models: Tuatara, Striker, Aggressor
- Website: https://www.sscnorthamerica.com/
Focusing on striking and powerful vehicles, this manufacturer produces some of the most head-turning performance cars available outside of a race track. The SSC brand currently boasts the title of the world’s fastest production car.
- Founded: 1898
- Headquarters: Zeewolde, Netherlands
- Car types: Sports
- Popular models: C8 Preliator, C8 Aileron
- Website: https://spykercars.com/
The perfect combination of classic European styling and modern performance, Spyker cars have been receiving acclaim for design and power for more than 100 years. This Dutch manufacturer delivers the ultimate luxury and performance car.
- Founded: 1891
- Headquarters: Södertälje, Sweden
- Car types: Commercial, Trucks
- Popular models: L-Series, P-Series, G-Series
- Website: https://www.scania.com/
Scania is truly a global brand, with manufacturing and assembly locations in Latin America, Africa, and Europe. Scania provides diesel vehicles for commercial vehicles, and uses its expertise to also build standalone diesel engines.
- Founded: 1971
- Headquarters: Miami, Florida; United States
- Car types: Supercar, Luxury
- Popular models: BTR-XL 600, TTR530
- Website: https://speedartmotorsports.com/
The Speedart brand offers tuning options on popular luxury models to turn already impressive vehicles into supercars. Speedart cars are for those who are looking for a race car they can drive to the store.
- Founded: 1951
- Headquarters: Germany
- Car types: Buses
- Popular models: MultiClass 400, ComfortClass 400, TopClass 400
- Website: www.setra.de
Setra trucks manufacture the vehicles needed for tour buses or mass transportation city buses. Early on, this company was known for its unorthodox decision to locate the engine in the rear, instead of in front.
- Founded: 2014
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Car types: Sedans, Alternative Energy
- Popular models: iS6, iM8 concept, iC3 concept
- Website: www.singulato.com
Formed as a technology company, Singulato is focused on providing premium, “new energy vehicles” for its audience. Singulato focuses on technology, researching self-driving vehicles and car networking services to produce the cars of the future.
- Founded: 1931
- Headquarters: Raseborg, Finland
- Car types: Trucks, Military
- Popular models: Sisu Crane, Sisu Rock, Sisu Timber
- Website: www.sisuauto.com
From the Finnish word for strength and resilience, Sisu produces heavy duty trucks and military vehicles. Sisu trucks serve as crane trucks, dump trucks, and timber trucks, powering some of the most essential industries worldwide.
- Founded: 1968
- Headquarters: Shaanxi, China
- Car types: Buses, Trucks
- Popular models: Tongjia Longrui, Tongjia Fujia
- Website: www.sxqc.com
This Chinese manufacturer focuses on light- and heavy-duty trucks for commercial use. This car brand has also embraced alternative energy sources, with their lightweight vehicles using all electric power.
- Founded: 1965
- Headquarters: Tehran, Iran
- Car types: Sedan
- Popular models: Pride, Ario, Tiba
- Website: www.saipacorp.com
Saipa, an Iranian manufacturer, assembled primarily Korean cars for a new audience of drivers in Iran. Vehicles like the Kia Rio and Nissan Junior were manufactured and rebranded under Saipa.
- Founded: 1954
- Headquarters: Seoul, South Korea
- Car types: SUVs, Trucks
- Popular models: Tivoli, Rexton, Musso
- Website: www.ssangyong.com
Ssangyong produces popular larger vehicles for everyday drivers, with a wide range of SUVs and pick-up trucks available. After a restructuring, it returned to become one of the largest car producers in South Korea.
- Founded: 1994
- Headquarters: Valencia, Spain
- Car types: Supercar
- Popular models: GTA Spano
- Website: www.spaniagta.com
This manufacturer has spent its time honing one impressive supercar: the GTA Spano. The Spano has only been available since 2010 and is a limited edition with only 99 units expected to be built.
- Founded: 1955
- Headquarters: Shanghai, China
- Car types: Sedans, SUVs, Trucks
- Popular models: D90, T60 MAX
- Website: www.saicmotor.com
This Chinese car company has stuck around due to its ability to produce vehicles from many different manufacturers, including Volkswagen and GM. This carmaker also has two of its own luxury car lines, MG and Roewe.
- Founded: 1895
- Headquarters: Mladá Boleslav, Czech Republic
- Car types: SUVs, Sedans
- Popular models: Karoq, Superb, Fabia
- Website: www.skoda-auto.com
This long-lasting carmaker produces modern vehicles that are meeting our current moment. Skoda has evolved to offer electric and hybrid vehicles, as well as conventional gas and diesel models of cars and SUVs.
- Founded: 1995
- Headquarters: Fuzhou, Fujian; China
- Car types: Buses, Sedans
- Popular models: V3, V5
- Website: www.soueast-motor.com
Soueast is the result of collaboration between several Asian car manufacturers, to produce sedans and minibuses for a Chinese audience. Soueast also helps produce some of the Mitsubishi fleet for sale in mainland China.